cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Storing a record in sharepoint through powerapps

Is it possible to store recorda into a sharepoint recordb. i.e. recorda contains 20 columns but is it possible to place recorda into one column of recordb (containing 5 columns) ignoring constraints of data size limitations? Just data type difficulty?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous 

The traditional way to do this is to create a 2nd SharePoint list with a LookUp column referencing the 1st SharePoint list.

List 2 Example:

List1ID Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5
LookUp Text Text Text Text Text

Let me know if you have questions.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mdevaney ,

Thanks for the reply. I had that as one way to do it but since I wanted to be able to do it on multiple different lists as a different version of a backup.

The backup list will hold files from multiple lists either as a file or in a column.

I was just wondering is there a way to convert the item into something singularly store-able (e.g. i opened FormA and wanted to store it into backupsharepoint but be able to load it later to FormA, the thing is I also wanted to do the same with FormB)

I know this isn't the optimal solution for this scenario but this is an explanation thats solution would solve my actual problem (longer to explain)

@Anonymous 

Have you considered the table to JSON and storing as a multi-line text field?

JSON(your_colleection_name)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdevaney 

Thanks for the idea, I gave it a try.

1. Is it possible to remove the attachment property from the record? Since it can't convert to JSON while containing the attachments, the attachments can be directly loaded to the 2nd List anyway so just removing it would allow submission.

2. Do you know how I could convert it back into a basic record, while appending the attachments?

Anonymous
Not applicable

image.png

Apparently this will get rid of attachments but it causes an error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdevaney 

i was wrong when I said I wanted to convert it back, I actually will be editing the original in a flow using the JSON data so i think that bit is fine? Still can't convert the JSON full though

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,397)