cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Storing and retrieving images

Hi, I using powerapps to store user profile information to sharepoint list also their image.
Please let me know which is the efficient way to store and retrive images, is it:
1) converting image to binary using json function in poweraps and storing it along wth profile info in sharepoint List.
or

2) storing images separately in sharepoint library, if so how to retrive it as per the selected profile ?

Note: Data may go beyond 5000 records. Converting to binary and storing it in list column along with profile info might take longer time to load. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @abhishek_123 ,

I have done a blog on this subject covering most of the points you mention - happy to assist with your code if necessary when you have read this.

We have over 40,000 photos in some SharePoint Libraries using mobile devices mainly and have no real issues.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @abhishek_123 ,

I have done a blog on this subject covering most of the points you mention - happy to assist with your code if necessary when you have read this.

We have over 40,000 photos in some SharePoint Libraries using mobile devices mainly and have no real issues.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @WarrenBelz  Thank you for the blog it was really helpful. 

Just one query... Out of the 3 options of storing images 1) SharePoint library 2) SharePoint List(multi line)  3) attachment... Which method is more efficient for large files?  

Thank you 

Hi @abhishek_123 ,

I always use a Library for this (size) and many other reasons including the fact you can store other Metadata with the file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,232)