Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekaterina_N
Level: Powered On

Strange behavior - Need your help!

Hello to everyone!

Resolved by myself with workaround. 

I have a new item form (screen "sickLeave_new", "newrequestSL" form) connected to sharepoint list with attachments.

I need to add an image (using Add picture control) from smartphone and add it to attachment field of the new item.

My formulas:

Add picture control "OnSelect":

ClearCollect(NewScan, {DisplayName:"Scan.jpg",Value:UploadedScan.Image,AbsoluteUri:"",Id:"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"})

Attachment field (MaxAttachments = 1): 

Items = NewScan

How it should work - I choose picture and it appears in attachment field.

But when I start this app and choose a picture it doesn't appear in attachment's field (see pic1_1/1_2). Only if I close the new form window, open it again and then choose other image, it appears in attachment's field (pic2).

Additional formulas:

1) Close "New form" button OnSelect = Clear(NewScan);ResetForm(newrequestSL); Navigate(HomeScreen,ScreenTransition.None)

2) Home screen OnVisible =  Clear(NewScan)

3) Button "Got to new item form window" OnSelect=Clear(NewScan); ResetForm(newrequestSL); NewForm(newrequestSL); Navigate(sickLeave_new,ScreenTransition.None)

Will be very gratefull for any idea or advice how to fix this strange behavior.

Ekaterina

4 REPLIES 4
SmartMeter
Level 8

Re: Strange behavior - Need your help!

Hello Ekaterina_N, This might not help much, but I was just evaluating image attachments in PA last week, since I have an app that DESPIRATELY needs native camera support for an image "click and store" scenario. I found a thread that mentions support for image attachments was to be released in April (very soon.) I had documents attaching to SP online lists just fine as per this first thread below, but I could not make the native IOS camera control take a pic and seamlessly attach it to an online list, in spite of all my efforts 😉 Microsoft is a smart team, but I wish they would help us both with this item! I guess it helps to suffer together, so best wishes as we await the feature, SmartMeter. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-attachments-to-sharepoint-lists/ https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Save-attachments-to-SharePoint-list-item/idi-p/8...
Ekaterina_N

Hi SmartMeter, thanks for your reply. I've checked one of links and found this info: "The photo features should be out by June"...

But I need to launch my app earlier, so still wait for someone's help...

Ekaterina_N

After some manipulations I can get the picture as attachment without re-openinig new item form. The solution is to set reset field value to true for attachment's field value. BUT the first choosen picture still doesn't appear in attachment field - only second, third and etc.
Does anyone can help me to fix this?

johnguilbert197

Had exactly the same issue. Using IPhone 5s and client requires native camera. Although I get attachments from an ImageCollection appearing when I submit they just don't get saved as attachments on list item. This is the link I used:

https://www.techmikael.com/2018/03/a-workaround-for-saving-hi-res-photos.html

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,422)