cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kfesenko
Level: Powered On

Strange issues trying to use new column in sharepoint list after App is created

I currently have an app that I created using two SharePoint lists. I wanted to create a new column and use it within my app, but notcied the following issues:

1. The field is called "LocationNumber" but in order to use it in PowerApps I must use "Field1" in formulas.

2. After re-entering the App any formulas that use the new column are broken. It can be fixed by refreshing the data source. Saving an re-entering the app makes no difference.

3. I suspect this is an issue as a result of #2, but I am unable to use the mobile app because any areas depending on "Field1" do not function at all.

1 REPLY 1
irsimeonov
Level: Powered On

Re: Strange issues trying to use new column in sharepoint list after App is created

Hi kfesenko

Issue 1: PowerApps uses the 'internal' column names of SharePoint, I guess you might have created the column and renamed if after that. At the moment of creation, SharePoint gave it an internal name, that's why you are experiencing that. To solve this, you will need to create a new column with the name that you want, and replace tje Field1 column with the new one.

Issue 2: This has been reported already on the forum, and Microsoft are working on a fix. To resolve this issue now, delete your data souce and add it again (note this should not impact any of your formulae)

Issue 3: Not sure, maybe it would be OK after you resolve issue 2.

Regards

Ivan

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,856)