Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB0007
Helper V
Helper V

Structure SharePoint list with PowerApps

Hi Power Apps community,

I have a off topic question about structuring data in my SharePoint list.

I want to know to best way to save "Other" option in my SharePoint list.

Lets say I have a SharePoint list with clients and another list for Invoice.

When I need to create an invoice, I need to select a client. I am saving only the client ID (from ID in Client SharePoint list) in my invoice SharePoint. 

However, when I need to insert a client that do not exist, it is a bit of a problem because the client is not in my list and I cannot assign an id for this client.

I want to prevent redundancy in my SharePoint.

Does anyone know the best solution for this?

I have a form in Power Apps were users can select a customer from another SharePoint list with all my customers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can always allow them to create the client as a provisory way and the responsible to create the customer has to approve the customer later... If she does not approve it, you must delete all the invoices + customer. If she approves, no problem...

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

I would say that you should allow your users to create clients and ifthe client does not exist, you send them there. You can always allow the user to write custom values but that can caus redundacy because someone can write:

Customer 1

and other can write

customer1

and they are the same customer...

To prevent that you can LOWER or UPPER everything..

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Hi @Nogueira1306 , thank you for your feedback.

I was thinking the same thing. However, in my company only 1 person is responsible for creating clients in order to prevent entering the name of the client wrong. However, if that person is busy, it would stagnate the work of the person creating the invoice. 

You can always allow them to create the client as a provisory way and the responsible to create the customer has to approve the customer later... If she does not approve it, you must delete all the invoices + customer. If she approves, no problem...

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,197)