Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spiderkzn
Helper III
Helper III

Struggle to find a way to filter gallery from 3 tables

Hi, 

I am battled to return Person name in gallery called galleryMeetings. So we have 3 table which it already include in data source) that contain have (table Name): ID

Meetings: RoleID (foreign key)  

Role:RoleID (primary key), PersonID (foreign key)

Persons: PersonID (Primary Key), PersonName

Basically, I am looking to display PersonName on Gallery. 

So the Meetings:RoleID equal to Role:RoleID and Role:PersonID is equal to Person:PersonID. 

So I'm trying to use formula to filter this in Items on galleryMeetings

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@spiderkzn 

It will be difficult to disambiguate your relationships in a formula if you use the exact same name as both the primary and foreign key in your tables.  INHO, it would be best practice have the Primary key of a table simply be ID and the foreign keys to be the name of the ParentTableID.  That being said, are you planning on using cascading dropdowns to obtain your result? 

Thank you forreply. 

Yes that right I'm planning to use dropdown. if it possible? 

dropdown is ddlPerson so it should contain PersonName but the PersonID should link to PersonID in Role, and in Role the RoleID should link to RoleID in Meeting. 

If it possible? 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@spiderkzn 

So, if I am understanding, One meeting can have many roles and one role can have many persons?

spiderkzn
Helper III
Helper III

Yes each meeting will have many Role but each Role will have one Person. (see table below)

Meeting TableRole TablePerson
RoleID (have many)RoleID (primary key) 
 PersonID (foreign key)PersonID (primary key)
  PersonName

Therefore, I'm looking to display PersonName on dropdown on Meeting Table. 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

If you have a gallery with the meeting table as its Items property and it contains a dropdown, Dropdown1 say, with its item property:

Filter('Role Table',RoleID = ThisItem.RoleID) and it shows the Role name in the window, you can add a label and set its Text property to Lookup(Person, PersonID = Dropdown1.Selected.PersonID).PersonName.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,921)