cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bahalzamon
Advocate III
Advocate III

Subgrid Based on Field

I have an entity/table named "Orders" that has a field "Requestor" that is a lookup to the Users table.

On the form I would like to have a subgrid showing the Orders that the Requestor field matches.

I can get this exact view by clicking on the Requestor > Related > Orders. This opens the Orders Associated View. I just cant think of a way to get this info into the form.

I am new to the whole model driven / dynamics environment. I am comfortable with coding something if that is the direction I need to go, but and help of even where to look would definitely help. 🙂

I have found many posts discussing this but no solutions.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bahalzamon,

I think you could create a quick view to achieve your need.

Please check the following doc for tips:

Quick view control properties for model-driven app main forms in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft...

Best Regards,
Qi

@v-qiaqi-msft  Thank you for the reply.

But I am unsure how a quick view can achieve what I am requesting. It allows me to view information about the User (Title, Email, Phone, Name, etc...) but how does that allow me to see the records I want?

As it states in the link you provided "...it becomes a link to open the related row." this is just info on one row, I need a list of records.

If there is something I am missing please let me know or help me understand. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,366)