Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranzCarson3
Helper II
Helper II

Submit An Image To SharePoint

Hey everyone,

I am currently creating an app that allows employees to submit a reimbursement request. I am trying to figure out a way to submit an image to my SharePoint list. I need this feature so that the employees can submit a receipt. I ran into a snag. I recently heard that this is not a feature that PowerApps supports. 

I was wondering if there was a workaround for submitting an image to a List. I would appreciate any help I am given.

Thanks

Carson

4 REPLIES 4
KranthiTupakula
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You could make use of attachment control and have user attach images to the list item.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@FranzCarson3 
Power Apps does support submitting images to a SharePoint list.  Here are two examples of how to do it:

Matthew Devaney - Add Picture Control And Save To SharePoint Library.
https://matthewdevaney.com/power-apps-add-picture-control-and-save-to-sharepoint-library/

Shane Young - Upload An Image To SharePoint List
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLIwnj6QjU

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@FranzCarson3,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to save image to your SP list?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, do you want to display the picture or the URL in the corresponding column?

If you want to display a picture in the SharePoint list column, I am afraid that there is no way to achieve this currently in PowerApps. If you want to display the URL or the image within the SP list, you could try to convert the image into a binary format.

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

Add an Add picture control(AddMediaWithImage1)

Add a Button and set the OnSelect property as below:

Patch(
       SharepointList,
       Defaults(SharepointList), 
       {Title:Text(Now()),
         Ima: Substitute(JSON(UploadedImage1.Image,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData),"""","")
       }
)

Note: Title is a Text column. Ima is a Multiple-line-of-text column to store the image.

After this, you could insert a Gallery to display the image. Within the Ima column, you just could display the image as an URL in a Multiple-line-of-text column.

74.png

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@FranzCarson3 
Please note, the approach shared by @v-qiaqi-msft will not display the image in SharePoint.  You will only be able to see a text string.  The image will be unusable anywhere other than Power Apps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,499)