cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Submit Button not writing data to excel

Hello everyone, I am new to PowerApps. I am trying to write a survey using PowerApps, I used the Employee Engagement Survey as guide. I have figured out everything I want to do, but when I hit submit it does not write to my excel table. Here is what is in the OnClick of the Submit Button.

If(!IsBlank(LookUp(Responses,Username=User().FullName,Responses)),UpdateIf(Responses,Username=User().FullName,{ResponseId:ResponseId,Answer1:TextInput3_3.Text,Answer2:TextInput3_2.Text,Answer3:TextInput3_1.Text,Answer4:Text(DatePicker3_1.SelectedDate),Answer5:TextInput4_1.Text,Answer6:TextInput4_2.Text,Answer7:TextInput4_3.Text,Answer8:If(Radio1_1.SelectedText.OptionText="No","No," & TextInput5_1.Text,Radio1_1.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer9:(Dropdown2.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer10:(Dropdown1.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer11:(Radio4.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer12:TextInput8_1.Text,Answer13:(Dropdown3.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer14:(Radio3.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer15:TextInput1_12.Text,Answer16:TextInput1_14.Text,Answer17:If(Dropdown1_1.SelectedText.OptionText="Other","Other,"&TextInput1_16.Text,Dropdown1_1.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer182:Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),Username:User().FullName}),
UpdateContext({NewSurvey:Patch(Responses,Defaults(Responses),{ResponseId:Text(CountRows(Responses)+1),Answer1:TextInput3_3.Text,Answer2:TextInput3_2.Text,Answer3:TextInput3_1.Text,Answer4:Text(DatePicker3_1.SelectedDate),Answer5:TextInput4_1.Text,Answer6:TextInput4_2.Text,Answer7:TextInput4_3.Text,Answer8:If(Radio1_1.SelectedText.OptionText="No","No" & TextInput5_1.Text,Radio1_1.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer9:(Dropdown2.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer10:(Dropdown1.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer11:Text(Radio4.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer12:TextInput8_1.Text,Answer13:(Dropdown3.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer14:(Radio3.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer15:TextInput1_12.Text,Answer16:TextInput1_14.Text,Answer17:If(Dropdown1_1.SelectedText.OptionText="Other","Other," & TextInput1_16.Text,Dropdown1_1.SelectedText.OptionText),Answer182:Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),Username:User().FullName})}));Navigate(Finish_Screen,ScreenTransition.Fade)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Submit Button not writing data to excel

Hi @Wisper ,

Could you please share more details about your formula screen? What data source are you using, Excel in OneDrive or  imported Excel worksheet? Is there any error or warning prompt?

Assuming you are using Excel in OneDrive for business, if there are more than 500 rows, there would be delegation issues for your data source. Please reference to below official doc to understand more:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview#delegation-warnings

Based on the formula you provided, it is supposed to work fine unless there are delegation issues caused by “Username=User().FullName” parts. Please try to set a variable Set(varUser, User().FullName) on Apps OnStart property, and use the variable instead of User().FullName in formulas to avoid delegation issue.  Then you could try:

If you have any further information or other questions, please let us know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Highlighted

Re: Submit Button not writing data to excel

Thank you @v-jefferni for responding. Yes this is going to an Excel file in OneDrive for business. I tried raising the delegation limit, and set a varUser, no success on either. I am so new at all this I don't even know how to setup the data on a SharePoint. Is there a way to remove the whole User().Fullname thing, and get the data to submit. At this point I don't care if it checks the records to see if they already filled it out. They have to put their name in anyway as answer 1 and 2.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,453)