cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSharma1
Frequent Visitor

Submit Edit form then display submitted details on view form

Hi,

I am building a app, where upon submitting edit form , display form is resetting to new data record instead of displaying the selected data from the data table.

As seen below, upon clicking submit form it should update the status and show me the updated status in display form but it is resetting to new record. Tried adding refresh button but it did not work. It would be great help if any one can advise how i can display the updated details in display form instead of new record from datasource uponsubmission.

display form Item = DataTable1.Selected

submit button on select : SubmitForm(Form4);UpdateContext({status:false}) --> upon submission edit form will disappeared using update context

Reset-submit.png

Regards,

Sharma

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DSharma1 ,

Could you please share more details about the forms? Do you want to display the selected record in Display Form which updated in the Edit Form?

I made a test and it worked fine:

forms.gif

Both Edit Form and Display Form are with the Item property set to Gallery.selected. 

Please try to remove and re-add the Display Form and Edit Form then set the Item property to DataTable1.Selected and see the result, if the problem persists, try to remove and re-add the data table.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

DSharma1
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jefferni 

Thanks for the response. I tried re-adding data-table and removal of forms still selected record resets to 1st row upon submitting the form. Looks like it is default behavior, there is no option within data table to change the default settings.

Please see the step by step.

Screen 1 : selected row

Selectedrow.PNG

Step 2: upon selecting the record it will navigate to screen 2 and show the selected record in display form.

Step2.PNG

Step3: Upon clicking update status, edit form will be displayed . I can update the status and submit the form. As soon the status is updated , display record changes to 1st row of the data-table.

step3.PNG

step4.PNG

DSharma1
Frequent Visitor

As a workaround, i have implemented the date sorting(by column) in my datatable in descending order. So whenever the status is updated the first record in the datatable would be always the updated record. hence display form always shows the updated record.

Thanks again.

Sharma

Hi @DSharma1 ,

Please check if all those OnSelect properties of the Gallery Items been set to Select(Parent). If not, correct it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,840)