cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bvandyke22
Helper III
Helper III

Submit Form Function Stopped Working

I have an app that has been live for about 4 months now, and has been running quite well up until yesterday. One of the users said he was getting an "Unknown Error" when updating the status of the work orders. After investigating I found that the Save button is getting an error in the OnSelect field, only in the code for the SubmitForm. Below is a picture of the code that's in (and has been working) and along the side you can see the form name is correct. 

If I erase the code and put it back in, it acknowledges that it is a valid code, but then as soon as the button is selected, it errors out again.

Bvandyke22_0-1596631746633.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I forgot to Mention that Using Patch instead of SubmitFrom seems to work.

Patch(Your Connector, Gallery.Selected, Form.Updates))

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PPSA
Resolver II
Resolver II

What is the error message when you hover over the red squiggly lines? or click whats wrong on the error icon?

Hovering over the mouse and the runtime error both just say an unknown error occurred. I've even tried changing the name of the form to see if that would correct the issue and that did not work either.

dakota75

I started having the same problem over the weekend. - Still looking for a solution.

By using Monitor (Under Advanced Tools) I was able to determine that its coming from a specific data card within the Form. Adding and removing the card didn't help. I created a new app using the same connector (SharePoint Calendar) and it worked for a few hours then stopped working.

I'm also getting and Bad Gateway Error on the Row that is being updated.

Looking for help.

I forgot to Mention that Using Patch instead of SubmitFrom seems to work.

Patch(Your Connector, Gallery.Selected, Form.Updates))

View solution in original post

Thanks for the Input! So what I ended up doing was trying the patch function, which worked but was slower, and messed with my OnSuccess Navigation function.

After a few successful patches, I went back to the SubmitForm function and it started working again

You've described my exact issue. Patch works but causes issues with OnSuccess and the error goes way.

Let me know if the error come back. As that has been my experience after using the Patch function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,685)