cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Submit Form to existing item

Hi

I have a gallery in my app where a user can select an item from a SP list. This then navigates to an edit form where the user can edit the form then submit the form again using Submitform('FormName') which works fine. However I have noticed where there is a date field and in the previous submission a date was submitted but the user wants to remove the date they would simply delete the date, but when they submit it is not deleting the date, why would this be? If they simply change the date it updates it just will not remove the date.

Help would be much appreciated on this head scratcher I have checked the data source also and it does not require to contain information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@Kmayes 

If you are stating that you are trying to set a column to a blank value, then make sure you have the "Formula-Level error management" feature turned ON in your settings.  Without that on, you cannot currently set a field to blank.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

@Kmayes 

If you are stating that you are trying to set a column to a blank value, then make sure you have the "Formula-Level error management" feature turned ON in your settings.  Without that on, you cannot currently set a field to blank.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,573)