cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lowpaws
Frequent Visitor

Submit Form was working and now does not

I've had an app running fine for about a month.  The submit form is no longer working.  The data source is a sharepoint list and the contents of OnSelect is simply "SubmitForm(Form1)" .  In the monitor I get the following (Rows 7-10), but no idea what to make of it.  Any ideas?

lowpaws_0-1624384312176.png

13 REPLIES 13
Alex_10
Super User
Super User

@lowpaws 

SubmitForm(Form1) code is in a button? What happens when you press it?

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Is your submit onselect not attached to a button? because I don't believe any of the log messages shown are button presses.

Button press should show up like this

TheRobRush_0-1624385120203.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

Yes, it's actually a save icon if that matters.  It gives a red bar at the top of the screen that says 'Unknown Error'  (when I test it in edit).  When the end user click the save icon, it just doesn't do anything.

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Have you recently made any changes to the sharepoint list? If so you should remove the data source and completely re-add it. otherwise can you click the red x that says unknown and select show in formula bar and show us the code that is throwing the error.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
lowpaws
Frequent Visitor

I haven't made in changes to the SP list.  I suppose it is possible somebody else did, but unlikely...  This is what I get after closing the error message:

lowpaws_0-1624385628699.png

there any markers, exclamation, x etc. showing up on your form?

No, everything looks happy / normal until I click on the save icon.  Do you think copying the SP list with a new name  and then swapping out data sources might work?

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

I wouldn't make that the first thing I tried. 

First I would go to view data sources, click remove on the sharepoint list one, then click add source and re-add the same list.

My second step, if I was 100% confident my form was completely set up properly, would be to recreate the form and hide original and see if that worked. 

If re-adding the sharepoint source, then recreating the form both do not correct the issue then you have something coded wrong in the form.

Ok, thank you again for the help.  I'd definitely think I coded something wrong (rookie), but its worked for some time...  Also, one more thing that is bizarre.  When I connect to monitor and do nothing but click the icon for submit form, monitor returns a reference in the control column to a combo box on another page / form.    

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,254)