cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lourenacdm
Helper III
Helper III

Submit Multiple Forms doesnt work

I have three screens from the same data source, I am using the submission form to send them, the problem seems that the forms are being saved in my data screen, but they are being multiplied, I don't know why, before these screens were in separate pages and did not work, just save the first, now I put all three on the same page and this error is occurring.

Lourenacdm_0-1620289829157.pngLourenacdm_1-1620290013120.png

Lourenacdm_2-1620290095905.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Lourenacdm,

My bad, the formula should be set for the OnSelect property rather than the OnSuccess property.

You just need to use the Patch formula on the OnSelect property inside the submit button.

Check for the above.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lourenacdm,

Do you want to submit multi forms at a time?

Could you please tell me more about your scenario?

Actually, a single record will be created once you click a button to trigger SubmitForm(Form1). If you have another SubmitForm() fomula following behind, it does not make sense.

If you want to submit multi forms at a same time, you could consider the Patch() function.

Set the OnSelect property of the submit button as below:

Patch(DataSource,Defaults(DataSource),Form1.Updates,Form2.Updates,Form3.Updates)

Hope it could help.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

So, I need to set a SubmitForm(Form1) inside the botton and then inside the OnSucess property from Form1 I will set the Patch function? 

Because in My botton I dont have the OnSucess Property

Hi @Lourenacdm,

My bad, the formula should be set for the OnSelect property rather than the OnSuccess property.

You just need to use the Patch formula on the OnSelect property inside the submit button.

Check for the above.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

It works, but when I'm going to use the forms to edit, it doesn't edit and creates a new field. Is it possible to use this for New and Edit Form?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,388)