cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen1606
Frequent Visitor

Submit Multiple Forms using Combo Box

I have a form connected to a sharepoint list, which uses a dropdown, date picker and text input. This works fine creating an entry one at a time but what I want to do is be able to select multiple values from the dropdown control, and submit an entry for each one of those values while still using use same information what has been entered into the date picker and text input.

Example:

I've changed the dropdown to be a combo box, and when I hit submit I would want my sharepoint list to have the following rows:

Item 1, 5/2/2018, Testing

Item 2, 5/2/2018, Testing

PowerApps.png

I can't get this to work, any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Stephen1606,

The error indicates that the Items: Value part in this formula is incorrect. This "value" does not make any sense to be a field.

I'm afraid that your requirement cannot be achieved so far. You cannot use one combo box to create 2 seperated items to SharePoint list in PowerApps. As PowerApps will consider the data inside one combo box as one value and you cannot separate them. 

If you really need this, please consider to post this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sofie_D
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You will probably have to use ForAll.

Somthing in lines of:

ForAll(Dropdown.SelectedItems, Patch(DataSource, Defaults(DataSource), {Item: Value, Date: Datepicker.SelectedDate, Comments: Commentinput.Text}))

I'm getting the error "Column does not exist"... Does that mean in sharepoint? As that column does exist.

PowerApps.pngsharepointlist.png 

Hi @Stephen1606,

The error indicates that the Items: Value part in this formula is incorrect. This "value" does not make any sense to be a field.

I'm afraid that your requirement cannot be achieved so far. You cannot use one combo box to create 2 seperated items to SharePoint list in PowerApps. As PowerApps will consider the data inside one combo box as one value and you cannot separate them. 

If you really need this, please consider to post this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Rick72
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Stephen1606,

The formula shown by @Sofie_D should point you in the right direction. Did you only copy/paste it? Because it references "Dropdown" instead of "ComboBox4". You ofcourse always have to check for the correct names yourself.

ComboBox4.SelectedItems is of type "Table". Use "Value" for column name.

Robot Happy Rick

You'll need to use the column name for ComboBox4 available values e.g. {Item: ColumnNameofComboBoxSource}

I had a frustrating time with this also, inserting multi values into a SharepointList - @Mike8 helped me out with the solution. Check out;

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/ComboBox-SelectedItems-object-to-text/m-p/142...

It is possible, and you're not far off!

Hi @Stephen1606 

I require to do the same, select multiple values ​​in the combo box and insert them to a table, were you able to achieve this? Can you help me please?

Regards. 

JA

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,334)