cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Submit a Collection to a SharePoint List

I am creating an app for my company that allows sales employees to request inventory using a mobile device. 

The app is similar to a checkout shopping cart fuction BUT no money transaction is needed. 

The app pulls invetory from a sharepoint list and allows the user to add items to a 'Shopping Cart' using a collection to store/display the data in a gallery. 

Needs: I need to submit the collection to a SharePoint list. The collection could have multiple rows.

Question: Is this possible to submit a collection with mutliple rows into a sharepoint list??

if so how?? 

16 REPLIES 16

Now, I understand the function is not delegatable. So, if I have the same scenario where I have a collection of data that is entered by the user and need to added as new records to my Sharepoint list. Note the sharepoint list has more than 10,000 lines. Can we still use patch with defaults option?

Thanks,

Hi @navneetch82 ,

To answer your basic question, Delegation is about queries, not adding records.

Yes - you can Patch to a List with the Defaults(YourListName) as long as the patch is simply adding fields that line up with the target field type and you are not doing any non-delegable queries inside it to get data)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I tried using this but its still not working on my end. Any ideas (ForAll(LineItem, Patch(Purchase_Request, Defaults(Purchase_Request),{ Item: Title2.Text, Quantity: Body1.Text, Price: Subtitle2.Text,Total_Amount: Sum(LineItem, Price)})

@Moshood_AK ,

This is a very old thread, however you are missing a closing bracket there. If this is not the issue, please post a new thread.

Hi, 

I use Gallery to display all of my data with checkbox in each. and then my OnSelect for my button use format like yours. It works, but the only problem is, if I select 3 data, only 1 of it that submit into SharePoint list. Did you know why, though? Or if anyone know how to submit all 3 data to the SharePoint list, please help. 

Or if have any links that I can refer to, that would be helpful. 

Thank you. 

@NurSabrina24 ,

Please post a new thread on this

grcd
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Can you share the patch function also. Because I use it but getting a error message like : The requested opearion is invalid. Server Response: Object must implement IConvertible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,793)