cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Submit and patch tables

I am submiting a form and patch two or more table on Button click event. But now its only do the submit part of code and succesffully the a table but patch is failed for another table. I want it should updates all table if no error occurs or otherwise should warn of fails. how can we achive that.  your valuable suggestion would highly appriciated.

for your reference, I am using this code sumbmit 

SubmitForm(frm_service);Patch('[gis].[app_service]',Defaults('[gis].[app_service]'),{appID:ComboBox4_appname.Selected.appID,serviceID:frm_service.LastSubmit.serviceID})

10 REPLIES 10

@mr-dang wrote:

For more reading on dialogs, please see these resources:

@sanrajbhar,

You can use the links above for instructions on how to make a pop-up dialog message.

The easier way to solve your problem would be to disable the submit button.

1. Every control has a DisplayMode property.
  2. DisplayMode has 3 different modes: Edit, View, Disabled
  3. You can use a condition to change the mode. In your case, you want the button to be disabled when either of the comboboxes are empty.

Button.DisplayMode:

If(IsEmpty(ComboBox1.SelectedItems) || IsEmpty(ComboBox2.SelectedItems), DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit )
    This means, "If ComboBox1 or ComboBox2 is empty, then disable the button, otherwise, allow the user to click the button."

4. To show your user why they can't click the button, you can change the button's tooltip.
    Button.Tooltip:

If(Button.DisplayMode=DisplayMode.Disabled, 
        "Please select a choice from each ComboBox.",
        "Submit this form"
    )

I attached a zip containing the app file that has this behavior.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,522)