cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish_p
Helper V
Helper V

Submit as a new record using existing data in powerapps

I have linked my Sharepoint list in my app,and al the list items are shown as a gallery to the user,now if user wants to edit a particular record ,an edit form opens and they can update the same (submit button i have mapped with "SubmitForm" command )

But my user requirement is that in the edit window he will edit the data and the same should be submitted as a new record to my sp list..if it is possible ,please tell me how to do it ?

3 REPLIES 3
panand99
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

patch is for updating exisiting record right ? this requirement is to submit as a new record

@panand99 wrote:

@vish_p 

you can use function patch to fulfill this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-pa

panand99
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@vish_p 

Use Patch with the Defaults function to create records. Use this behavior to build a single screen for both creating and editing records. For example, this formula creates a record for a customer named Contoso:

Patch( Customers, Defaults( Customer ), { Name: “Contoso” } )

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,739)