cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Submit button to send info to SharePoint AND then navigate to a new "complete" screen

Hello everyone, 

I have a Power Apps form that I am using for QA purposes that has 5 screens: 

Intro Screen 

QA Service #1

QA Service #2

QA Service #3

Then a "You have successfully submitted your QA" screen.  

Each screen is for a different QA service and has it's own "Back" and "Submit" button along with fields, drop downs, etc.  I want the SUBMIT button in each screen to send the data of that screen only to SharePoint, but then also navigate them to the last screen to show that "Your QA has been submitted successfully" 

I'm pretty new to Power Apps, so trying to use the simple approach - so any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Submit button to send info to SharePoint AND then navigate to a new "complete" screen

This is what I already have for the submit button: Navigate('Submission Successful Screen', ScreenTransition.Fade) ... but I also need it to send data to SharePoint as well. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Submit button to send info to SharePoint AND then navigate to a new "complete" screen

@ianallen13 

Put this code in the OnSuccess property of the Edit Form.

Navigate(your_sucess_screen_name);

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ianallen13 

I am not clear on your description if you have users enter information and submit on each page or just one.

I think perhaps just one page and then go to "You have submitted..." screen.  

I also am assuming that you are using Edit Forms on the individual screens.

If that is the case, then you can place a Navigate function in the OnSuccess property of the Form to take you to your final screen.  The Form will submit its data to the SharePoint list, and then if successful, will navigate them to that final screen.

If I misunderstood, please clarify a bit.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you, I'm not sure if I am understanding correctly.  I already have the button set to navigate to the screen I want, but I also want it to send the data to sharepoint.  This is what I already have: 

NAvigate('Submission Successful Scrren',Fade)

But just need it to send data to my SharePoint list as well... 

Please let me know if that makes sense?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks Randy!

I'm attaching screen shots to see if that helps at all?  I have also yet to publish this, so I don't know if that makes any difference?

So I just don't know how to connect the data to sharepoint upon clicking the button AND also navigating to the end screen to show that everything was submitted successfully?  

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ianallen13 

You will still need to do the submit on the form in your button. 

Submit(YourFormName)

I'd recommend putting the Navigate on the OnSuccess property. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RandyHayes 

I guess I just assumed the Submit button was already setup and working... but that appears not to be the case.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for the help!

Can I write it like: 

Submit(Clinical Registration QA Screen), Navigate('Submission Successful Screen', Fade)?  Just not sure how to combine it all, I believe?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ianallen13 

Yes you can:

Submit(Clinical Registration QA Screen); 
Navigate('Submission Successful Screen', Fade)

However, I'd still recommend the OnSucess for the navigate.  You wouldn't want the submit to fail and then your users see that it was a success.

EDIT: and to clarify...Clinical Registration QA Screen in your formula SHOULD be the name of the Edit Form control on your screen - not the name of the screen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,785)