cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sifu
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Submit form and patch combined (for onselect of a submit button)

hi,

got a sharepoint list that user fills in and that i customized with powerapps... once user opens the form he can choose one option that brings him to a new screen (within the same app). This Form on the new screen is also connected to the same source. Additionally look for some other values from other SPO Lists...  Once the user inputs some data and click submits i want the form to "submit form" but also to "patch" a value to a different list (that is however connected)...  the problem is that only the patch works, the submitform not... the formula i have for the submit button is 

SubmitForm(Form_holiday);
Patch(
    HR_settings,
    First(
        Filter(
            HR_settings,
            UPN = 'upn-label_1'.Text
        )
    ),
    {RestVacationDays: Value(value_available_days_new.Text)}
)

edit: it seems that not even SubmitForm alone works, must be related to multiple screens, no idea so far

2 REPLIES 2
Alex_10
Super User
Super User

try add to the form's property:

Form_holiday.OnFailure  = Notify("SP error",NotificationType.Error);

if this message pops up when you press submit, you need to check if your form passes data for all SP list's required fields (Title column is my first thought) or proper data type is passed by the form (e.g text instead of number) or you don't have permissions to add records to the list.

Sifu
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

thanks in the mean time i did patch to all fields and done 😄 seems to work fine this way

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,195)