Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pal95
Helper V
Helper V

Submit form and then edit it, with no gallery selection

Hi,

Let's say that I have Step 1 (Name, Surname, Phone number), Step 2 (Person Details), and Step 3 (Comments). Each step should be on a separate screen. I have one big table in Sharepoint, which is ready to take all that information.

I would like to create a new form in Step 1, and then, after the Name, Surname, and Phone number is filled, I would like the user to submit the form to SharePoint and move to Step 2. I would like Step 2 to find the item I am currently working on and continue with filling the personal details.

The question is: How to do this without using galleries? The only way I know to edit a form is to select it from a gallery, and here is no gallery.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pal95 

Consider the following...

In your OnSuccess action of the EditForm, use a variable to set the current record:

Set(glbCurrentRecord, yourEditForm.LastSubmit)

This will set the variable to the last submitted record.

Now on your Display form, set the Item property to : glbCurrentRecord

Should give you what you want.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pal95 

Consider the following...

In your OnSuccess action of the EditForm, use a variable to set the current record:

Set(glbCurrentRecord, yourEditForm.LastSubmit)

This will set the variable to the last submitted record.

Now on your Display form, set the Item property to : glbCurrentRecord

Should give you what you want.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Working!!!

@pal95 

Excellent! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,275)