Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Submit form without data

Hi everyone,

I've a question, I created a form which is connected to SP list (also say that my SP list there're no data), the problem is what formula i have to put in the property "Item" to make work this "form", because when i put "play" the form disappear. I'm going to add some screen to a better vision. 

Sin título.png

I'm going to waiting for your comments.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Submit form without data

Hi @diegoaff92 ,

Do you want to know how to solve the problem of displaying "no item to display" in form?

It depends on the form's usage.

If the form is used to create new record, you show set it:

1)DefaultMode: 

New

2)Item: no need to set anything

You could change the form's mode by setting its  DefaultMode property, you could also use NewForm(formname) function to change the form's mode.

Since the form's mode is new, no matter you set anything in the form's Item, the form will display blank value by default. If you submit the form, you will create new record.

If the form is used to edit an existing record, you show set it:

1)DefaultMode: 

FormMode.Edit

2)Item:  the item that you want to edit

usually, we use LookUp function, like this:

LookUp(tablename,....)

If you use this edit form with a gallery, you could also set the form's Item to : galleryname.Selected

You could change the form's mode by setting its  DefaultMode property, you could also use EditForm(formname) function to change the form's mode.

Since the form's mode is edit, the form will display the item that you set in its Item property by default. If you set the form's mode to edit and set nothing to its Item property, the form will display "no item to display" , just like your issue.

If you submit the form, you will update this existing record.

I think you need to know more about form, here's a doc about this for your reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

If you want this form to make a new record in the SharePoint list, then no need to put anything in Items property. Make sure you have selected the "Display mode" property as "View ".

If you want to use this form to edit a record, set the property to "Edit", and on the same way set "Disabled" for display a record.

Please click Accept as Solution, if this solution solved your issue. If this post was useful, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks & Regards,

Devendra Singh

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @DevendraSingh 
Thank you for your soon reply.

I did that but still doesn't work, when i put play nothing appears.excel2.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @diegoaff92 ,

Do you want to know how to solve the problem of displaying "no item to display" in form?

It depends on the form's usage.

If the form is used to create new record, you show set it:

1)DefaultMode: 

New

2)Item: no need to set anything

You could change the form's mode by setting its  DefaultMode property, you could also use NewForm(formname) function to change the form's mode.

Since the form's mode is new, no matter you set anything in the form's Item, the form will display blank value by default. If you submit the form, you will create new record.

If the form is used to edit an existing record, you show set it:

1)DefaultMode: 

FormMode.Edit

2)Item:  the item that you want to edit

usually, we use LookUp function, like this:

LookUp(tablename,....)

If you use this edit form with a gallery, you could also set the form's Item to : galleryname.Selected

You could change the form's mode by setting its  DefaultMode property, you could also use EditForm(formname) function to change the form's mode.

Since the form's mode is edit, the form will display the item that you set in its Item property by default. If you set the form's mode to edit and set nothing to its Item property, the form will display "no item to display" , just like your issue.

If you submit the form, you will update this existing record.

I think you need to know more about form, here's a doc about this for your reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,542)