cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salehkhalil
Frequent Visitor

Submit form without sharing the Sharepoint list

I have form in power apps and the data source is sharepoint list,

how can the end-user submit the form without sharing my data source (I have secret data that can't be shared)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Salehkhalil ,

Exactly as I posted - give the relevant users a custom permission level in SharePoint. An example of mine is below

WarrenBelz_0-1641263917398.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Salehkhalil ,

If you want the end user to submit to the data source, the list needs to be shared with them. You can "hide"the List however, the simplest way being giving the user a custom permission (based on contribute) with "View application pages" unchecked (that way they cannot view pages in SharePoint).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

As @WarrenBelz says, user's can't submit information to a SharePoint list unless they have access to SharePoint.  The only way to do this without giving them access would be to create a Microsoft Form with one question for each column you want them to submit and then create a Power Automate flow to trigger when the form is submitted and add the responses to SharePoint.  Since the flow is automated it will run in the security context of the maker (you). so no one else will need access to the list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Salehkhalil ,

I agree with @Pstork1 - just note this will only work on new records. I use another form provider that can take incoming parameters and email the pre-populated form link to the user with a Flow writing it back to the record. The restriction here is that someone else has to email the user as they need access to the list record.

How I can hide the list only for end user?

@Salehkhalil ,

Exactly as I posted - give the relevant users a custom permission level in SharePoint. An example of mine is below

WarrenBelz_0-1641263917398.png

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Salehkhalil ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hi @WarrenBelz , 

Can you pls post the path to arrive to that settings page ? I cant find it in my sharepoint list permission.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,004)