cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Submit to power automate

Hi,

Again thank you for all your help so far.

I am now trying to submit the form that I have completed via a power automate flow.

I have created the flow, but I want to pull all of the values of the checkboxes I have created as well as the text component.  I also want to map the images I have created to values yes, no and neutral.

When I click submit the following need to be passed to power automate:

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 19.45.57.png

1. The selected image value: yes, no or neutral, they are called YesImage, NoImage and NeutralImage
  2. The anonymised check box (AnonCheck)
  3. Yes or no to the question (YesCheck or NoCheck
  4. The text from the text box (FeelingText)

I would like to pass all of that to power automate, via the submit button

Thanks for all your help so far.

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Just so we both are on same page, based on the flow screenshot shared by you earlier, you have three different variables in the power automate with their values corresponding to three different variables (generated through Ask in PowerApps from the dynamic content). You can double check this by hovering over the added content and you should be able to see three different names. All these variables are string type. In case you have created these variables first and then changed the Initialize Variable content type, I would suggest you to redo these variables and first define the type and then select "Ask in PowerApps". This way if you have selected String in the Initialize variable action, the input is created for string type.

Now, when you have made such changes in the flow, remove it from the application using the "Data Source" tab on left menu and register it again on the button.Since all the values are string, the expression: FlowName.Run(SelectedImage, Text(AnonCheck.Value),FeelingText.Text) should work.

If you still see some issue. Please check the error message in App checker on the top right menu beside which you see the App Name and copy paste the error so that we can debug this together.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Anonymous 

For doing so, you first need to create the variable in Power Automate. Make sure that you are adding different variable for different inputs and not referring to the same one. Once you add all the variables, you need to attach the flow into your button on the powerapps or remove and attach it, if attached already.

Now, for passing the values:

FlowName.Run(VariableforExperience, Checkbox1.Value, Variable3, Variable4)

These number of arguments depends on the inputs that are required in the flow. I would recommend you to pass all the values as strings in flow and later manipulate it. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yashag2255 hey, thanks, still struggling slightly.

I have this flow:

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 20.03.06.png

And then this for the submit button

'Areyouok?'.Run(AnonCheck.Value,FeelingText.value)

But the flow doesn't initiate, so I must be missing something.  Thanks for your assistance.

Jon

Hi @Anonymous 

That is because you have initialized three variables in the flow and passed only two from your app. If you added the third variable after adding the flow to your app, you need to remove and attach it again to see the third variable and that way it will point to th latest version of the flow and will trigger it perfectly.

Hope this Helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, I see that, however, the last variable i need to pass is based on the user selecting one of the images at the top, yes, no or neutral.  How would I pass a value of yes, no or neutral dependent on the image selected?

Hey @Anonymous 

For that, you can set the "OnSelect" property of the Image controls as:

YesImage -> Set(SelectedImage, "Yes")
NeutralImage -> Set(SelectedImage, "Neutral")
NoImage -> Set(SelectedImage, "No")

Then you can pass this in the flow as:
FlowName.Run(SelectedImage, Text(AnonCheck.Value),Text(FeelingText.value))

Since you have defined the variable in your flow as strings, you should pass them as strings only. I have updated that for the remaining two variables. Based on the passed strings, you can apply conditional logic in the flow to save appropriate values.

Hope this Helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I have tried that, and still having an issue and the flow isn't initiating

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 20.20.11.png

@Anonymous 

What is the error that you are getting here? Can you share that? 

Hope this Helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yashag2255 sure, Button5 is the Submit button

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 20.26.03.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @yashag2255 there are two other errors

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 20.28.06.pngScreenshot 2020-01-19 at 20.28.14.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (79,949)