cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SubmitForm / Patch / Update omitting random fields/columns

I am building a simple app with an Edit Form on it.

1. I have a modify button ("Rediger") to change the FormMode from View to Edit when the user wants to edit their profile.

2. Then I have a save button ("Gem") to publish the changes to a sharepoint list.

I have tried everything in the OnSelect property of the save button, from SubmitForm to Update to UpdateIf to Patch to all sorts of other combinations of those functions to no avail because it will always obmit certain fields/datacards/columns.

In the screenshot here you can see as I tried to change every field to "Superbruger" and save then some fields stay as "Ikke bruger". The set up for all the datacards on the form is exactly the same. The only plausible thing I could think of is some of these fields on sharepoint list have a space in their names (3Ds Max, Roxio Creator, etc), but oddly "InDesign" does not have any space and it still refuses to update. 

When I change the values and before pressing "Gem":image.png

After I pressed "Gem":

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drrickryp

I checked all the datacards and I realised the problematic ones are those columns with space in the column name. Eventhough in Powerapps they come with the single quote (i.e. '3Ds Max') but the app still can't understand where the update data should go apparently. 

Although I must say that I have created these datacards by duplicating a previously made edit form and manually changing the formula for each card. that way I don't have to redo all the formatting. That's where it goes wrong (especially if the column name has a space). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Anonymous,

Check the Update property of the cards that are not working to make sure that they reference the dropdown.Selected.Value of the dropdown control they contain. The save button OnSelect should just be SubmitForm(Editform1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drrickryp

I checked all the datacards and I realised the problematic ones are those columns with space in the column name. Eventhough in Powerapps they come with the single quote (i.e. '3Ds Max') but the app still can't understand where the update data should go apparently. 

Although I must say that I have created these datacards by duplicating a previously made edit form and manually changing the formula for each card. that way I don't have to redo all the formatting. That's where it goes wrong (especially if the column name has a space). 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,873)