cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gargoolgala
Level 8

SubmitForm Resets to defaults

Hi All,

When I save my forms using the submitform option this resets all the fields to the defaults which in my case is based off the selected item in a table.  What happens is the table is reset to the default which is item 1.

This is no good to me as I need it to stay on the selected item.

I thought to set a global variable that is working and I can get the ID of the row.  I was hoping I could then after using submitform I could set the table to this variable but it sees it as a number and it wants a record.  There is also no default option for a table.

I could potentially create a Patch which does not reset to defaults but I am going to have 100+ fields to update and want to avoid this if possible.

Is there any way I can use submitform and set the table back to the row I was originally on ?  I can then continue to use table.Selected which will keep all my forms on the correct record also.

Any ideas appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gargoolgala
Level 8

Re: SubmitForm Resets to defaults

I worked it out after walking away from the computer for 30 mins 🙂

I was setting the global variable to table.Selected.ID  - all I needed was to set it to table.Selected and then set my forms Item to the global variable - which is now a table record and Items likes it 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gargoolgala
Level 8

Re: SubmitForm Resets to defaults

I worked it out after walking away from the computer for 30 mins 🙂

I was setting the global variable to table.Selected.ID  - all I needed was to set it to table.Selected and then set my forms Item to the global variable - which is now a table record and Items likes it 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,058)