cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuYoussef

SubmitForm doesn't creat a Sharepoint item

Hi,

First, sorry for my English and thanks for your help

When I submit a form to create a Sharepoint list item from Power Apps, sometimes, rarely, commands listed in the field “on success” are executed, but the Sharepoint item isn’t created. I checked the FormMode and the DisplayMode, all seems Ok (Default FormMode on New and the form is initialised all the time by NewForm).

I already had a look to some discussions on this forum, but I didn’t find the same issue. I can give more information if you have questions

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @QuYoussef 

Can you set the OnFailure property of the form to

Notify(
    Concat(
        Errors(SPListname),
        Column & ": " & Message
    ),
    NotificationType.Error
)

If any errors, at least we can able to see. Is it happening all the time or any pattern?

Hello @StalinPonnusamy

Thank you very much for your answer.

I will set the OnFailure as mentioned and give you a feed back.

I m almost certain that the OnSuccess only is executed because all the commands set in OnSuccess are executed and not those set in OnFailure.

There is no error message.

I tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't, I really expect that it happens randomly (It happened 5 times, the apps is used by 10-15 users since 6 months and the lists don't exceed 2000 lines...)

I think that we can rephrase the question as: When the SubmitForm don't creat a ligne in a Sharepoint list even if a form is a NewForm and even it returns OnSuccess ?

Perhaps servers slowdowns 

To maintain the app online, I now stock the title of the line to be created and creat a flow to check if done, advert me if not, but I think that the code in the OnFailure you gave is in the same philosophy 🙂

Regards,

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @QuYoussef

One thing we can do, Validation the inputs before Submit form() and On failure (If any Server failure/clutch) we can send it to Power Automate since it has retry automatically.

Tks @StalinPonnusamy

All the inputs are validated before submitting. I put a disabled button to submit which can't be enabled until the 6 data of columns are ok.

The thing is the form is submitted correctly, there is no OnFailure, but the line is not created in the SharePoint list! It's a little bit strange! And it happened only 5 times, all on October 5th between 11h22 and 11h32 GMT

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,609)