cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachelkettle
Level: Powered On

Re: SubmitForm function can only work on a form. Wrong kind of control input is given...

Yes via the admin portal

GrischkePro

Re: SubmitForm function can only work on a form. Wrong kind of control input is given...

@rachelkettle wrote:

Yes via the admin portal

Ok, I did the same.

GrischkePro

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Agreed. There seems to many posts about SUBMITFORM having issues. I did all variants of rebuilding. Recreated the sql connector. Re-imported from the TEST environment and so on. Actually, this app works fine in the TEST and DEV environments. I did figure out a work around though. I changed the SUBMITFORM to PATCH. 

I did a test with Patch and it works, but I'm not sure if I want to go down this route without breaking something else 🤬🤬🤬 I don't have time for this and testing 🤬🤬🤬

Patch(
    List1,
    Defaults(List1),
    {Title: DataCardValue4.Text}
);
Navigate(
    BrowseScreen1,
    ScreenTransition.Fade
)

I'll wait to see what M$ are going to do about this @$%^🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

rachelkettle

Ah thanks, although i also don't fancy going down the route of changing the submit forms to patches either...i have found that if the button sits within the form itself it produces the error and doesn't perform an update, but if the button sits outside the form - with the exact same submitform(formname) command it works...!

I can use this as a workaround for developing but will need the buttons to sit within the forms when deploying Live so i hope this is fixed asap!! 

GrischkePro

@rachelkettle wrote:

Ah thanks, although i also don't fancy going down the route of changing the submit forms to patches either...i have found that if the button sits within the form itself it produces the error and doesn't perform an update, but if the button sits outside the form - with the exact same submitform(formname) command it works...!

I can use this as a workaround for developing but will need the buttons to sit within the forms when deploying Live so i hope this is fixed asap!! 

Hence why the original Tick button in the original QuickActionBar worked for me - this area is outside of the form. The 🤬

Next thing they'll break is the Patch function 🥶🥶🥶

seraph787

I just ran into this issue as well.  Same error message and everything.  It happened randomly after saving my app.

MoodyMas

Same here! Please let me know if you have any news regarding this!
DanielaHo

Reverting to the previous version ending in .14 solved it for me. 

seraph787

That fix may work for editing it, but every time you publish the app, it updates to the newest version.

Also... that doesn't work for me even in the development studio.  I'm not sure what the difference is for you and me.

Highlighted
DanielaHo

Yes agreed. 

Also I found it only fixed the problems for PowerApps apps - it does not solve the problem for PowerApps forms which also display the error even when being in version ending .14!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Platform 24

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,801)