Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BClouded
Advocate II
Advocate II

SubmitForm to SharePoint Calendar not working

Hi All
I have a problem with writing to a SharePoint Calendar. And only when changing an existing record/event to it.
I can add entries to that calendar, but when I need to change the Start/End Date or any other field, the SubmitForm(Form3) errors.
I'm quite sure it's due to that EndDate field ('End Time' field), it seems like it doens't recognized that field. 
When I created the form, it gave a red cross on the date fields also. I had to change the fields manually from 'Start Time' to EventDate and 'End Time' to EndDate. 
I tried to use Patch instead but that doesn't work either... :'(

Any ideas among this community? 
Thanks a lot in advance!

Bart 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BClouded ,

Could you please show more details about the error message within your app?

Actually, it is an known issue with SharePoint Calendar List. The user @lancealcabasa has faced same issue with you, please check my response within the thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Error-when-changing-just-the-End-Date-for-Fo...

As an alternative solution, please consider set the Update property of the Start Time data card in your Edit form to following:

DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 1)   /* <-- Modify Start Time value sightly */

set the Update property of the End Time data card in your Edit form to following:

DateValue2.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue2.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue2.Selected.Value), 1)   /* <-- Modify Start Time value sightly */

Please consider take a try with above alternative solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BClouded ,

Could you please show more details about the error message within your app?

Actually, it is an known issue with SharePoint Calendar List. The user @lancealcabasa has faced same issue with you, please check my response within the thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Error-when-changing-just-the-End-Date-for-Fo...

As an alternative solution, please consider set the Update property of the Start Time data card in your Edit form to following:

DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 1)   /* <-- Modify Start Time value sightly */

set the Update property of the End Time data card in your Edit form to following:

DateValue2.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue2.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue2.Selected.Value), 1)   /* <-- Modify Start Time value sightly */

Please consider take a try with above alternative solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.
Well I actually deleted the HourValue and MinuteValue in my datacard. But also updated the Update property to 

DateValue1.SelectedDate

Maybe I should just hide those fields instead of removing them. I'll try that later today! Keep you posted about my findings. 

Thanks!
Bart 

Changing the Update property of both datacards was indeed the solution! 
Thanks a lot!!  I would have never found that without your help.

Bart

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,144)