cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melinda
Microsoft
Microsoft

SubmitForm vs. Power Automate/Flow Stored Procedure

I built an app using Power Apps and a SQL database. It works well for the most part but it appears some entries get deleted randomly even though the end user does not have the ability to delete an entry. I am wondering if there are any benefits to maybe using Power Automate Stored SQL Procedure to add and edit a row vs. the Submit Form function?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The main benefits are control. Using SQL in PowerApps is a very powerful connection. I always use my own INSERT and UPDATE stored procedures in PowerApps simply because I know exactly what they're doing and it makes it easier to troubleshoot.

Problems you're experiencing are hard to troubleshoot because you can't really see the 'processing' side of SubmitForm in the same way you can with a Power Automate stored procedure.

On the other hand, SubmitForm has benefits too. It's very simple and offers an easier maintenance plan. If you have a lot of hands in the development of an app, SubmitForm would be a best practice.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

The main benefits are control. Using SQL in PowerApps is a very powerful connection. I always use my own INSERT and UPDATE stored procedures in PowerApps simply because I know exactly what they're doing and it makes it easier to troubleshoot.

Problems you're experiencing are hard to troubleshoot because you can't really see the 'processing' side of SubmitForm in the same way you can with a Power Automate stored procedure.

On the other hand, SubmitForm has benefits too. It's very simple and offers an easier maintenance plan. If you have a lot of hands in the development of an app, SubmitForm would be a best practice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,115)