cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azrisaparwan
Frequent Visitor

Submiting new form from Gallery Field

Hi All,

New to PowersApps and have tried to learn everything from scratch. Currently, I am facing abit of a stumbling which I cant find any solution else where!

So he is the problem :

In my screen I have 2 gallery (Stocktaketree) and (Branchlist). Both are linked and are fields in my sharepoint list. Selection of stoctaketree will selected the time of field in the branchlist.  Select of branchlist will open a form(Stocktakeform).

Azrisaparwan_0-1650121548694.png

Now if I used EDIT.Form, everything works fine with first 2 column (Tree and Branch :both fields selected in Gallery). However, I need to add record and not overwrite as I need all the data. I am forming a trendline of the data over line. EG Number of corals alive on Top Branch from Tree 3. 

So I use  NEW.FORM OnSelect for Branchlist. Default mode for StocktakeForm = Formmode.New.

However when I proceed with that and check my sharepoint list , the first 2 columns TREE and Branch from the Gallery field is missing. It fills up everything except the 2 field selected from the 2 Galleries.

Attached below my snapshot of my sharepoint list. I had to uses distinct in the Stocktaketree gallery so as not to repeat the tree numbers. 

Azrisaparwan_1-1650122202865.png

So I am hoping if anyone know another way around it? Maybe I need to redesign my list? OR redesign the UI? I kinda like this UI and would like to stay put. I could create a new record by putting every  fields in forms - makes it easier but I like this current UI.

Anyways, I recreated an empty list to start things off so that I have the trees and branch fields.

Thank you in advance for any sort of help!

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Azrisaparwan 

It looks like you can normalize your table to at least two tables,  You shouldn't need to redesign your UI.  Please see my blog posts here as how to design your lists and implement them in PowerApps. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Community-Blog/Database-Design-Fundamentals-and-Power... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,871)