cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Submitting Two Forms with Mandatory Fields

Hello,

We are developing an app where in a single screen i have added a 'view' form (with limited fields from sharepoint list). I have added one more 'edit' form in the same screen where i want the user to enter the information and then the form should be submitted using a button click (SubmitForm(Form) ).

Challenge: I have three user groups who will access the screen and each group will have different fields visible and to do that i have changed the visible property based on the condition. 

I want to know that how can i make the 'edit' form fields mandatory and submit the form for different user group.

I know that this is complex requirement, hence i can provide more information if needed.

Thanks,

Akshay 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AkshayManke ,

Then It's a simple solution for that is.

Disable the Submit Form Button if 10 filed value is Empty or Blank.
See the below reference - I also followed this approach for my requirement its looks similar to your Issue.

VijayTailor_0-1604424060691.png

Thanks,
Vijay

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AkshayManke ,

It will e gr8 if you explain, what exactly you need to achieve.
As per my understanding you need to create a Field Value mandatory for all user groups.  (Correct me if my understanding is wrong).

Please provide some more details with example so , i will suggest if i got any idea about your requirment.

Thanks,
Vijay

Hi @VijayTailor,

Greetings!

Below the details:

1. App is connected to a SharePoint List which is having 50 Columns.

2. I have created a screen where i have added 40 columns in Display form which i don't want to change.

3. In addition to that i have added a Edit form which is having the remaining 10 columns. Which i want to be accept inputs from different users group.

4. What i want is: All the 10 fields should be mandatory and the form should not be submitted before getting the details from the different users group.

Thanks,

Akshay

@AkshayManke ,

Then It's a simple solution for that is.

Disable the Submit Form Button if 10 filed value is Empty or Blank.
See the below reference - I also followed this approach for my requirement its looks similar to your Issue.

VijayTailor_0-1604424060691.png

Thanks,
Vijay

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

View solution in original post

Great @VijayTailor, it is the same which i was looking for. I will have to tweak my button codes but that fine.

Many thanks for the help.

Regards,

Akshay

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (98,248)