cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marty_Dub
Helper II
Helper II

Submitting a form to a collection where no connectivity

I'm building an app which requires offline functionality. Within the app is a form which I am hoping to place a simple if statement on submission to check for connectivity and submit the data to either the supporting SharePoint list if connected, or to a local collection if not.

I've done this before with patch statements, however never for a "SubmitForm" statement.

I imagine it would look something like: If(Connection.Connected, SubmitForm(MyForm), .......... < this is the else section I am not sure how to approach.  Is this possible, or should I be coming at this from a different angle?

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marty_Dub ,

If you are going offline, you will have to re-think your Form strategy. You need to Patch to a collection then use SaveData to store this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thanks @WarrenBelz  - I think I might experiment with referring to the data card values within the form individually to collect into a collection if offline.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,236)