Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarlAddi
Helper I
Helper I

Submitting blank data card on form results in value of 0

Hey, 

So I have an edit form that the user uses to input some specific data, on this form there is a data card that is not required all the time. If the user decides to leave this field blank, I want it to be left completely blank

Unfortuanlly when the form is submitted, this blank field results in the addition of a '0' in the newly created list item. Is there anyway that I can change it so that if it is left blank by the user on the form, the actual list will be blank and not 0 ? 

Thanks 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @KarlAddi ,

What type of field is this (I assume Numeric), and what is the Default in both the control and in the data source itself.

Hey Warren, 

So the field is actually a text field and the same in the data source(Sharepoint List) 

Hi @KarlAddi ,

Something in the Default of either the field in the data source or the control in Power Apps must be setting it to zero - that is why I asked what the settings were.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @KarlAddi ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hey Warren, 

Sorry for the late reply ! So I ended up just leaving this issue as it wasn't too big of a deal. Originally the code that was written was checking for items that had matching numbers but I've since changed the code as it doesn't check for the numbers in the field that was being set to 0 when left blank

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,532)