Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoursnani
Post Patron
Post Patron

Submitting data is new ( not duplicate)

Hi 

I am creating a form that hold employee details . we have text columns,people columns,and date columns 

My scenario is 

When user save data people columns is submitting person columns . when user first time submit form it should save, if user submit with same name in people columns ,form not to submit ? 

how can we achieve this ? 

1 REPLY 1
Abhilash_Swain
Super User
Super User

@Yoursnani ,
 One way of restricting -> If this is a share point list declare the column as Unique and required. It will not save the record.

Abhilash_Swain_0-1641292154147.png

OR
You can get the current employee names into a collection on APP Start. validate the textbox if the employee exist

I have used this in a Label control - Text.

If (!IsBlank(First(Filter(Employee_Office,Ename.Email = User().Email)).Ename.DisplayName ),"User Exist","")

Employee_Office:- is my SharePoint list and Ename is a people picker
So whenever there is a user of the same email id appears, It displays user exist. You can disable buttons to save the forms .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,507)