cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Submitting data to sharepoint loses format

I am submitting a date column value to sharepoint, the sharepoint field is single line of text, I am submitting this: 

Text(dateVariable, UTC)

If I show this in a label, it shows this: 2020-07-24T13:00:00.000Z .. which is what I want to be saved in SharePoint.. however when it's submitted to the single line of text field in sharepoint, it shows this: 07/24/2020 13:00:00 .. how do I solve this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Submitting data to sharepoint loses format

@BrittanyR 

Please show the code you used to submit the date.  If you are using a form show the formulas within the Update property of the card.  Or show the PATCH formula if your are patching.

Basically, show me everything I need to replicate your problem.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

what if you add a space at the end of the string? e.g Set(testTime, Text(Now(), DateTimeFormat.UTC) & " ");

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@BrittanyR,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to patch Date time to SP Text column?

Combine that with your description, you show your UTC date in the Label where displays the date as you expected. However, when you patch UTC date to the SP Text column, this Text string would be converted automatically.

Actually, it is a known issue in the SharePoint list. I have made a test on my side where makes it clear that the issue you mentioned is surely existing. When you patch the UTC time from the Label into your SP list, the text time value would be recognized as a date time value rather than text string value.

Currently, if you want to use a Single text type column to store the UTC time text value patched from your app to your SP list, I am afraid that there is no way to achieve this.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submitting an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,070)