cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitting multiple images on the same form and permanently storing these into a SQL database

Morning,

I'm wanting to story mutilple images on the same form, uploading them into a SQL Database, then allowing any users to view these images. Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

Further, how do you store/upload multiple images on the same form within your app? Do you want to upload multiple images into your SQL table once time?

Currently, there is no direct way to upload multiple images into a SQL table once time wihtin PowerApps. As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try with the follownig workaround:

I have create a SQL Table on my side, the data structure as below:1.JPGNote: The BlobData column is a Image type column in my SQL table. The FileName column is the Primary key in my SQL table. Please also make sure that there is primary key within your SQL table.

• Create a Image type column within your SQL Table to store the uploaded images.
  • Add a Add Picture control and a "Add Pic" button control within your form, set the OnSelect property of the "Add Pic" button to following formula:
Collect(UploadPics,{Name:Now()&CountRows(UploadPics)&".jpg",Url:AddMediaButton1.Media})
  • Add a "Upload Into SQL Table" button within your form, set the OnSelect property of the "Upload into SQL Table" button to following formula:
ForAll(UploadPics,Patch('[dbo].[TestBlobUpload]',Defaults('[dbo].[TestBlobUpload]'),{FileName:Name,BlobData:Url}))

2.JPG

3.JPG

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upload-files-from-powerapps-to-sql-server/

In addition, you could also consider take a try to add a Camera control (Camera1) instead of the Add picture control within your form, set the OnSelect property of the Camera control to following formula:

Collect(UploadPics,{Name:Now()&CountRows(UploadPics)&".jpg",Url:Camera1.Photo})

Set the OnSelect property of the "Upload into SQL Table" button to following formula:

ForAll(UploadPics,Patch('[dbo].[TestBlobUpload]',Defaults('[dbo].[TestBlobUpload]'),{FileName:Name,BlobData:Url}))

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

Further, how do you store/upload multiple images on the same form within your app? Do you want to upload multiple images into your SQL table once time?

Currently, there is no direct way to upload multiple images into a SQL table once time wihtin PowerApps. As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try with the follownig workaround:

I have create a SQL Table on my side, the data structure as below:1.JPGNote: The BlobData column is a Image type column in my SQL table. The FileName column is the Primary key in my SQL table. Please also make sure that there is primary key within your SQL table.

• Create a Image type column within your SQL Table to store the uploaded images.
  • Add a Add Picture control and a "Add Pic" button control within your form, set the OnSelect property of the "Add Pic" button to following formula:
Collect(UploadPics,{Name:Now()&CountRows(UploadPics)&".jpg",Url:AddMediaButton1.Media})
  • Add a "Upload Into SQL Table" button within your form, set the OnSelect property of the "Upload into SQL Table" button to following formula:

2.JPG

3.JPG

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upload-files-from-powerapps-to-sql-server/

In addition, you could also consider take a try to add a Camera control (Camera1) instead of the Add picture control within your form, set the OnSelect property of the Camera control to following formula:

Collect(UploadPics,{Name:Now()&CountRows(UploadPics)&".jpg",Url:Camera1.Photo})

Set the OnSelect property of the "Upload into SQL Table" button to following formula:

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Kris I've been away.

I've worked out how to do this, very similar to what you have shown.

Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

You may want to check out our new preview feature which allows the upload of multiple images to an entity and stores the files in blob file storage to reduce SQL size.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/public-preview-of-multiple-image-attributes-in-power-apps...

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/public-preview-new-image-enhancements-available-via-api/

Highlighted

Hi while trying this steps, I am getting error of data mismatch while patch function. The cds column has datatype image but the collection uploadPic contains text value. I am using patch function in onsuccess of datacard to get the Id from submitForm.  Is there any option to patch the image to cds.?

Error: The type of this argument does not match the expected type record. Found type 'Text'. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,354)