cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MH5
Frequent Visitor

Submitting multiple lines in Sharepoint list using 1 form

Hi All,

I currently have a SharePoint list that is modified using the default form.

The ask is that rather than submitting each line individually, can I modify this form so that a specific field can be submitted multiple times without each other field having to be completed again and this would then create multiple unique lines in the SharePoint list

To better explain, below is an example of a list where a specific issue occurred but with 2 different description fields, each other field is identical. In this case, the submitter had to complete the form twice while completing each field with the same information other than the description.

MH5_1-1645011473500.png

The default form looks like below

MH5_2-1645011602807.png

Could it have maybe a button like below, which allows to add additional descriptions which create individual rows where all other fields are identical

MH5_3-1645012351395.png

Or if this is not possible, is there a way to add a button to submit the form as it is, without closing it, which then allows the submitter to modify the description and submit again, with an additional button to then close the form if no other descriptions are needed?

The solution ideally is a PowerApps form, but I'm open to suggestions. My current experience is limited to InfoPath and flows, but I'd like to leave that behind and move into PowerApps for things like this.

1 REPLY 1
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @MH5 

Yes, Definitely we can use PowerApps for this requirement. We should use Gallery to add and remove items. Finally, using the Patch function to create multiple line items. Here is the just sample

StalinPonnusamy_0-1645019083270.png

Thanks, Stalin
Blog - Learn To Illuminate Blog
YouTube - Learn To Illuminate Videos

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,917)