cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitting two SharePoint list forms with SharePointIntegration in one app - PowerApps

Hi All, 

I'm attempting to create a powerapp as a replacement to the default sharepoint list form. As a background, this app would have two separate screens (accessed by arrow buttons) where the user would fill out a given number of fields on each screen. The first screen's submitions would be inputed and create a new item in List X. The second screen's submition's would be inputed and create a new item in List Y. I'm trying to get it to work where I would go to add a new item in List X, the custom powerapp form would then come up, I would then fill out both screens with given information, and then press the save button, where then two sharepoint lists would be potentionally altered/updated with a new item. I'm not sure how to do that, as I attempted to go to the SharePointIntegration aspect of the powerapp and change the OnSave field to "SubmitForm(SharePointForm1) && SubmitForm(SharePointForm2)" rather than just "SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)". I realised that this probably didn't work due to the SharePointIntegration data field was only set to 'List X', but editing that field to "'List X' && 'List Y'" also came up with an error. I'm a bit lost on how to proceed from here, and I basically wanted to know whether or not its possbile to do what I'm attempting with powerapps. Again, sorry for the long question, but I wanted to provide as much detail as you may need to help. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
v-sttaub
Helper III
Helper III

I don't have an answer yet to your question but I have a side question.  

Do you know if there's a way to get the SharePointIntegration object into a powerapps app that doesn't contain it?

ChrisR
Resolver III
Resolver III

Customize List X

Add 2nd screen

Add Form to 2nd Screen, add List Y as data source

Set 2nd form mode to New, or reference the 1st form's mode

Set Sharepoint Integration OnSave property to:

SubmitForm(SharePointForm2);
SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

If for some reason, Form1 needs to be submitted before Form2, then move RequestHide() from Form1 Onsuccess property to Form2 OnSuccess property.

Hopefully this works for you,

Chris - IW Mentor PowerApps Training

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to get the sharepointIntegration object into other powerapps that have already been created?

Sorry, not that I know.

Chris - IW Mentor PowerApps Training

ok. thanks for responding...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,263)