cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Substitute Decimal for Latitude, Longitude

Hello, 

I want to use bing maps in my power app. By using GPS i get the Latitude and Longitude with a "," Seperator. 

Bing maps can not use this information. I have to delete the coma and substitute it with a dot. Only if i do this i get a map in power apps. 

Can someone tell me please how to change the settings to get coordinates with Decimalseparator "."

I use the following function to get the Latitude and Longitude:

If(tglGPSLocation.Value;Location.Latitude&","&Location.Longitude;" ")

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help. 

Sadly it still does not work

Does it throw any error or do you simply not see any value?

Can you break the formula down into multiple labels just to see the output?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.

I finale found a solution for my problem. 

I change my Browser setting to UK. 

Know ist works like I need it

View solution in original post

Nickhubers1988
Frequent Visitor

I've got the same problem. Only on a android mobile phone. On an android/apple is the seperator a ",", while on the desktop is ".". I need this seperator to be "." on an android/apple. I've tried substitute, but didn't work. The thing is, it does send the coördinates to dataverse in "." but I created the geoJSON string in powerapp, which cannot in Dataverse. But the phones turning the "." in a ",". Is there an another way to concatened multiple coordinates into a geoJSON string to an Text Column in Dataverse? Sort of workaround for the phone? Business Rules or Calculated fields didn't worked either. 

EDIT: substitute control element did the trick e.g. Substitute(DataCardValue24.Text, ",",".") Which is toggle for Location.Longitude. You can patch this to whatever you want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,183)