cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikasampang
Frequent Visitor

Successful trigger of flow but failed to extract data from powerapps to power automate flow

Hi community,

I just started using power automate and power apps so I'm a beginner and fairly new to it. I am following this tutorial Export data to excel using power automate in powerapps

I noticed the interface for both of us was a bit different when trying to associate the button to the flow. I did not have a message that says "associate this "button" to a flow" selection, but it brought me straight to add a flow, but I thought nothing of it. Once I created the flow and add the exporttoexcel.run() formula on the OnSelect I notice that on his tutorial, on the data source there was a data source from the flow automatically created, but when I look at mine I don't have. I tried to look for it but I still can't

dataexcel.png

Another problem I faced is, when i tried to run it either way, the flow was successful but it failed to fetch the data.

This is my flow

flow.PNG

This was the error

floweerror.PNG

I looked through different post, some says is an internet connection, some say my organization did not allow access etc. But i have the feeling it is the data source part? May I know if there is a way to manually connect to that flow in the data source or if there is any other solution to the above?

I have also tried a simple method by just initializing a variable in the flow, to see if the flow can retrieve it, i still have the same exact error, successful run but failed to fetch.

All helps are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
erikasampang
Frequent Visitor

I solved the data source issue where the flow was not associating to the button. my "Enable Power Automate Pane" was enabled, so i disabled it and i was able to associate the flow to the button. 
reference

However, I am still having the same issue where it is unable to fetch the inputted data : (

365-Assist
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

To pass data you need to do 2 things.

1 - In the flow you need to add a variable (for each data field you want) to the PowerApps Trigger.

365Assist_0-1654232101331.png

2 - In the Power App Button On Select you need to nomiate the field name you want to ass.

365Assist_1-1654232175199.png

---------------------------------------------------
Please mark as Answer if it is helpful as can help others.

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFpvUlpx84FuIPOdInGKMTw
Twitter: https://twitter.com/assist_365

Regards
Darren Lutchner - 365 Assist

Hi @365-Assist ,

I tried your method and unfortunately, it still did not work. it still gave the "Unexpected error. Failed to fetch". 

Is it possible that it can be due to my organization blocking such task? Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,301)