cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sudden Date Filtering Issue For Gallery

I'm having a very strange issue that started yesterday and was wondering is anyone else is having this issue or may know why it is happening.

I have a pretty simple gallery that displays records that are only two days old (at least it did until yesterday). Here is my filter formula:

Filter(SortByColumns('[dbo].[TaskCard]',"SubmitDate",Ascending),TaskType="Daily",DateValue(Text(SubmitDate,"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yy"))>DateValue(Text(Today()-2)))

The Issue:

My gallery will not return any records with a date of 10/02/2019 or 10/03/2019. Or in other word it will not show any records for yesterday and today.

Here is what I did to troubleshoot:

I removed the condition for only displaying records two days old. I changed it to:

DateValue(Text(SubmitDate,"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yy"))<DateValue(Text(Today()))

Expecting the gallery to display all records less than today, it returns all records up to 10/01/2019, so 10/02 (yesterday) records are missing still.

So then I thought that somehow the data was bad in my SQL table, as you can see in my picture, I have plenty of records with 10/02/2019.

SQL Table.JPG

So then I thought that maybe the dates were inserting into the table in some weird way (grasping for straws at this point) so I hand typed in somes dates into the SQL table. This made no difference.

Then, I removed the date filter all together and I finally see records for 10/02 and 10/03.

So this led me to believe that somehow PowerApps was seeing the result for the Today() function different (maybe PowerApps sees Today() and 10/01/2019) than I thought. So I created three labels:

Label 1 - This will return the PowerApps Today() result

DateValue(Text(Today()))

Label 2 - This will return a record with a date of 10/03/2019

LookUp('[dbo].[TaskCard]',Id_TaskCard=712,SubmitDate)

Label 3 - This will convert both dates to dd/mm/yy and compare them against eachother

If(DateValue(TestLabel1.Text)=DateValue(TestLabel2.Text),"True","False")

You can see the results in the picture, which proves that PowerApps sees Today() the same as my record resulting in a True.

labels.JPG

So now I'm out of troubleshooting ideas and I'm reaching out to see if anyone has an idea as to what is going on. I'm really hoping to get this resolved quickly since my app is now useless without the gallery displaying the records properly.

This app has been deployed and used by 20+ users for about a month now, no issues until now. I'm the only owner of the app and nothing has changed. Not sure why this started happening yesterday... maybe and update to PowerApps? I'm clueless at this point....

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help.

- Justair07

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Sudden Date Filtering Issue For Gallery

Note to self - "Warnings are just as important as errors, stop ignoring them"

My dataset exceeded the defaulted deligation value of 500. So throw in my bad habbit of ignoring warnings and the red hearing of the recent October updates just as my dataset exceeds 500 records and you have a self-inflicted frustated user.

Long story short for anyone that reads this issue and can relate. If you are trying to use a filter on a dataset exceeding 500 (or the max amount 2000), create a varible or a collection as a work around.

Here is a great article:

https://blog.coeo.com/davidmorrison/powerapps-500-record-limit-delegation-and-how-to-work-around-it

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Note to self - "Warnings are just as important as errors, stop ignoring them"

My dataset exceeded the defaulted deligation value of 500. So throw in my bad habbit of ignoring warnings and the red hearing of the recent October updates just as my dataset exceeds 500 records and you have a self-inflicted frustated user.

Long story short for anyone that reads this issue and can relate. If you are trying to use a filter on a dataset exceeding 500 (or the max amount 2000), create a varible or a collection as a work around.

Here is a great article:

https://blog.coeo.com/davidmorrison/powerapps-500-record-limit-delegation-and-how-to-work-around-it

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Justair07 ,

Thank you for your sharing.

It seems that you have find out the answer for yourself.

Nice Job!

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,997)