cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Sudden appearance of 'The Function FIRST has some invalid arguments'

I haven't been into my app for a little while but jumped in today to make some enhancements. I was greeted with the 'Your app was upgraded to improved rendering' and clicked 'ok' as I didn't really have another choice. The main dashboard (Which previously had no formula errors) now shows several instances of:

The function FIRST has some invalid arguments. Has something changed in the FIRST function that would cause this? I cant find any information on this. See below screenshots. 

They are all the same error, just in different formulas. 

2019-10-31 15_06_21-Window.png2019-10-31 15_06_49-Heart In Hand - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

In addition, when previewing the app, the dashboard displays no data pulled from the custom connector I'm using. I am hesitant to publish the app in this state.  Data is not showing for custom connector calls even for areas where there is no formula error showing up.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Sudden appearance of 'The Function FIRST has some invalid arguments'

Hi @JamesM ,

What is the error information under red wavy line?

What is the data source of your apps?

I don't think the error is due to the First function, possibly due to the connection failure with the data source.

Could you try to delete all data source connection, and re-add them to check if your issue is fixed?

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,280)