cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sudden appearance of red x's

Today, when I opened up my powerapps app, I'm presented with a ton of red x's.  It appears to save and publish fine, but any ideas whats going on?

2019-02-22_11-11-46.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Sudden appearance of red x's

@wordsmitheryou didn't mention, but it looks like this is a SharePoint data source.

If it comes and goes, I would expect there is something to do with the connection or the way that you are using it. 

Is the form's datasource JUST your SharePoint list, or are you doing something else to collect and display?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@wordsmitherdid you look at the errors that are behind the red x's?  You can click on them individualy to see where the error is or use the App Checker - personally I'd use the click on the X and see method.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I didn't include that.  The message for all of them is "The Data source Supplied to the function is invalid".

Thing is, nothing has changed with the data source.  and sometimes, all the errors go away.  Its all very odd.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@wordsmitheryou didn't mention, but it looks like this is a SharePoint data source.

If it comes and goes, I would expect there is something to do with the connection or the way that you are using it. 

Is the form's datasource JUST your SharePoint list, or are you doing something else to collect and display?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, just a SharePoint list.  I suspect there was just some temporary issue with connecting to the source that appears to have gone away.  Just scared me!

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

This just started happening to me today and it caused several of the SharePoint choice fields we use in our apps to stop working!! Specifically, in choice fields the dropdown options don't show up and for person/group fields it doesn't come up with suggestions when you begin typing a username. I logged a call with Microsoft and they said it's a known issue caused by the Product team releasing updates. Now every time I go in and edit an app the red crosses appear in 'Choice' and 'Person or Group' fields until I refresh the SharePoint list under View > Data Sources. They said it would just 'go away' eventually. This is a major fault that needs to be addressed seeing that it breaks the app functionality. Can anyone from Microsoft provide an explanation and update as to when this might be fixed? Thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

ASAP I am having the same issue. The view->Data refesh is not working. When is this suppose to be fixed?

I have a list bound to  powerapps in production.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

I have the same issue, and we are losing business value due to this

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

The only times I've ran into the red Xs on my forms is when I've changed (or someone else changed) the underlying SharePoint list by adding a field, messing with the content type, or adding/removing from a choice field.  Are others seeing the red X without ANY underlying changes to SharePoint?

Highlighted

I am facing the same issue with CDS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,906)