cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wordsmither
Frequent Visitor

Sudden appearance of red x's

Today, when I opened up my powerapps app, I'm presented with a ton of red x's.  It appears to save and publish fine, but any ideas whats going on?

2019-02-22_11-11-46.jpg

57 REPLIES 57

I know they can be ignored but when you also train people on using the tool, it's difficult to say "please ignore" when sometimes they might have a true error. This needs to be resolved by Microsoft.

May 2021 and the issue is still unresolved!

AMicSys

Same issue with me! 28 Choice fields to be resolved every time I try to edit the app.

Been having this issue for years. Really not a problem. When published with the red x'es it will still work fine. It just shows that you have a data source issue, although there isnt really an issue.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

And again - it is a runtime error caused by the load of the designer.  It is not an error in your app!  It's not going to get a lot of "fix" attention because it is not an actual issue, just an annoyance. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
robertjl
Frequent Visitor

Another app builder here with the same issue.  Open the app for editing and I get the errors (red and white X, red squiggly lines in the function/formula box under the data source, and the "data source supplied to the function is invalid" message in Details).   Resolves when I clear and re-add my data source.

Love PowerApps, and I understand it's only an annoyance.  But still needs resolved (IMHO), if only because it messes with your head.   You end up spending a lot of time second-guessing yourself, and trying to distinguish what's a real error and what's a "false positive."

cavalcantilins
Frequent Visitor

I think the issues of red x's were resolved. Thanks a lot!

It is true that it is just an annoyance during app building but it is breaking my apps in my circumstance.  I am using ALM by using a solution in multiple environments.  The app works fine in the Dev, unmanaged, environment.  When I export and import into the managed, Test, environment, all of those combo box choices functions are broken and I get errors in the app and no dropdowns work.  Editing the app in the managed solution to "fix" is obviously not the way to go.

So this is a severe bug in this case.  I am unable to roll out the ALM environment structure due to this issue and unsure how to proceed as I can't find a workaround.  Anyone aware of anything or is there a planned bug fix?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,391)