cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Suddenly all datasets stopped pulling any data. Errormessage: "The specified record was not found."

Hi. We have an app that was working alright before - actually it still is working in deploy. But in the designer all datasets fail to retrieve any data. We can recreate the connections and datasets and the connection to the database is correct since we can see the tables and views, from Powerapps, in the database and also the field names for the tables/views but every reference to any dataset shows "The specified record was not found. Server response: [dbo].[Xyz...] failed. Something went wrong". There are red X's everywhere in the application and no data is retrieved whatsoever.

What is wrong and how can we get around this problem?

(We are using SQL Server Authentication with Connect using on-premises data gateway.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Suddenly all datasets stopped pulling any data. Errormessage: "The specified record was not found."

I had the same problem and worked it out. 

Go to settings > Advanced Settings

Turn off Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector

Reconnect all SQL connections and it should be back to normal.

Asaf.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Suddenly all datasets stopped pulling any data. Errormessage: "The specified record was not found."

@Hebj1 
Assuming nothing was changed in the datasource this will probably be the type of problem you walk away from for a few hours and when you come back it will be automatically solved.  If this does not work, you can try deleting and re-adding the connectors to the app.

Is it possible somebody made changes to the datasource?  Or is the data gateway still operational?

If the problem persists I recommend you create a ticket with Microsoft support

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@Hebj1  perhaps have a look at the Power Apps Release build version. I do find that updates do break working apps from time to time. 

This is the issue I am dealing  with when there is an update. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your answer. We assumed it was a temporary problem as well but it's been persistent since a few days now so doesn't seem to go away by itself. We've already tried to recreate the connectors but no luck solving this so far. We haven't done any changes to the database, gateway or any other network reconfiguration. Since the app is still working in deploy we know that nothing has changed - only that the app doesn't work inte the designer anymore. We will try createing a ticket with microsoft as you sugested.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I had the same problem and worked it out. 

Go to settings > Advanced Settings

Turn off Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector

Reconnect all SQL connections and it should be back to normal.

Asaf.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thankyou! This seems to be the correct answer but I'm not able to apply it. When I try to turn off "Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector" I get a popup window displaying "You must first remove any existing SQL data sources before you can toggle this feature." I did remove all datasets but keep getting this popup. What does "SQL data sources" mean? Is that not the same as datasets? Where can I remove data sources then? Or is the problem that i still have some Flows in the application. But they will require a lot of job to recreate so I'm not going to delete them...

I tried the same in a new test application. I get the same problem as before if I just create a gallery and connect that to a dataset - no data is displayed. I remove the dataset and turn off "...enhanced ... connector" and recreate the dataset. Voila!!! But why cant I do the same in our real application?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I got some help from Microsoft support and it turns out I needed to remove all datasets and all flows since they contained "data sources" in my case. Thanks for the help!

Highlighted

This solution works like a charm!!! After spending whole day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,901)