Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Sum Function for Data table

Hi,

I have a data table that pulls data from a dropdown box and pulls information from a table.

What i am trying to do is figure out what the total number of Adults and kids where at a location.

Also i am stumped on how to have a date as a filter as well that is connected to the data table.

Thank you 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Sum Function for Data table

Hi @AliciaDG ,

Try this

Sum(
   Church_Online,
   'How many adults in the Service?_Column1'
)

If you just want to add up the gallery

Sum(
   YourGalleryName.AllItems,
   'How many adults in the Service?_Column1'
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AliciaDG ,

I misunderstood the reference to Data Table. You cannot do this on a Data Table - it does not have elements you can reference for this type of function - you need a Gallery.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@AliciaDG ,

The Filter would be something like this

Filter(
   YourListName,
   YourCampusField='DDCampus Location'.Selected.xxxx &&
   YourDateField=DateValue(YourDateDropDown.Selected.xxxx
)   

where xxxx depends on the Items property of the control.

When you type YourControlName.Selected. (note second dot), valid values will come up underneath. For some guidance of what they mean: -

• If your Items are Choices(ListName.FieldName) - a Choices or Lookup field), the reference will be YourControlName.Selected.Value
  • If they are Distinct( . . .  .), it will be YourControlName.Selected.Result
  • The other option is when they are based on a field value in a list (other than Distinct), then it will be YourControlName.Selected.FieldName (actual field name)

If you wanted totals only in the gallery, you could use this as the Items

AddColumns(
   GroupBy(
      YourListName,
      "YourCampusField",
      "YourDateField",
      "OtherData"
   ),
   "AdultTotal",
   Sum(
      OtherData,
      YourAdultField
   ),
   "KidsTotal",
   Sum(
      OtherData,
      YourKidsField
   )
)

Are you in q'land?😎

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @WarrenBelz  for your reply

i did the add columns one you sent through. but still not getting any luck with it. Not sure what i am doing wrong

Not in QLD, in the NT 🙂 

Helping another location out

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AliciaDG ,

Must be getting a bit hot now in Darwin - I am in Rocky.

Where are you putting this formula - it is valid as the Items of a gallery provided all your list and field names are.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

HI,

Rocky nice never been will one day though. it is very hot up here now and climbing. 🙂 

I am putting the field in a text bar where i want the total to show up.

Not sure if it is meant to be somewhere else but that is where i want it to go 

Cheers

Very new to this learning as i go or trying to at least 🙂 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@AliciaDG ,

You can put that in the Gallery Items and then total the two new columns - the kids total would be

Sum(
   YourGalleryName.AllItems,
   KidsTotal
)

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AliciaDG ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Apologies, i wasnt able to relook at the data. I am still having issues will pulling info.

Currently what is working:

Dropdown box for location it pulls the data into the data table format. 

what isnt working is the date dropdown box and the adding up of the adults and kids from the data table.

it is probably something very simple but i just can figure that out.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AliciaDG ,

What current code are you using? Can you please supply as text along with any errors and what results you are expecting and getting.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hey @WarrenBelz ,

thanks for your continued help.

i basically want to get a tally of how many adults & Kids we had at a specific location on a specific date. 

i have the current formulas

Campus (Dropdown box) code

Distinct(Church_Online_1, 'Which Campus are you joining from?')

Date (dropdown box) code:

Distinct(Church_Online_1, 'Date of Service Joined:')

Data table code: 

Filter(Church_Online_1,'Which Campus are you joining from?'=Dropdown2.Selected.Result)

Label for Adult total code:

"Adult Total: " & Sum(
Gallery2.AllItems,
'How many adults in the Service?'
)

Label for Adult total code:

"Kids Total: " & Sum(
Gallery2.AllItems,
'How many kids in the Service?'
)

Currently what isnt working is when i click on the date dropdown but i cant get the filter for the date as well everything i try gives me an error. So havent figured that code yet.

the other thing that is not working is the totals for the adults and kids. it is just giving me the overall total for the whole document. i want it to corralate to the campus and date that i pick to pull the totals for those areas.

Hope all that make sense.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,536)