Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliciaDG
Helper III
Helper III

Sum Function for Data table

Hi,

I have a data table that pulls data from a dropdown box and pulls information from a table.

What i am trying to do is figure out what the total number of Adults and kids where at a location.

Also i am stumped on how to have a date as a filter as well that is connected to the data table.

Thank you 

34 REPLIES 34

Hi @AliciaDG ,

This is the long way around, but when I try to shorten it for you, you seem to get errors. I have to assume the code you posted works when modifying as below.

Search(
   If(
      DDCampusLocation.Selected.Result = "All" And DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result = "-",
      Filter(
         Church_Online,
         Text('Date of Service Joined:',ShortDate)= Text(DatePicker4.SelectedDate,ShortDate)
      )
     'DDCampusLocation'.Selected.Result = "All" And DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result <> "-",
      Filter(
         Church_Online,
         'Please select the service you joined (QLD Time)?' = DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result &&
         Text('Date of Service Joined:',ShortDate)= Text(DatePicker4.SelectedDate,ShortDate)
        ),
      'DDCampusLocation'.Selected.Result <> "All" And DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result = "-",
      Filter(
         Church_Online,
         Title = DDCampusLocation.Selected.Result && Text('Date of Service Joined:',ShortDate)= Text(DatePicker4.SelectedDate,ShortDate)
      ),
      'DDCampusLocation'.Selected.Result <> "All" And DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result <> "-",
      Filter(
         Church_Online,
         Title = DDCampusLocation.Selected.Result And 'Please select the service you joined (QLD Time)?' = DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result &&
      )
   ),
   TextSearchBox1.Text,
   "Name_x003a_",
   "Is_x0020_this_x0020_a_x0020_crea",
   "Please_x0020_select_x0020_the_x0"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi Again @WarrenBelz ,

thanks for your patience with this! Def one step closer 🙂 

below function isnt returning any data. there are also no errors? Any idea what i could have done wrong?

Search(
If(
'DDCampus Location'.Selected.Result = "All" And 'DDCampus Location'.Selected.Result = "-",
Filter(
Church_Online,
),
'DDCampus Location'.Selected.Result = "All" And DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result <> "-",
Filter(
Church_Online,
'Which Campus are you joining from?'= 'DDCampus Location'.Selected.Result && Text('Date of Service Joined:',ShortDate)= Text(DatePicker4.SelectedDate,ShortDate)
),
'DDCampus Location'.Selected.Result <> "All" And DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result <> "-",
Filter(
Church_Online,
'Which Campus are you joining from?' = 'DDCampus Location'.Selected.Result And 'Please select the service you joined (QLD Time)?'= DDServiceLocation.Selected.Result &&
)
),
SearchBox.Text,
"Name:",
"Is this a creative gathering",
"Please select the service you joined (QLD Time)?"
)

AliciaDG_0-1604018984899.png

Hi @AliciaDG ,

This is very difficult without seeing your data however if you put this in

If(
   'DDCampus Location'.Selected.Result = "All" And 'DDCampus Location'.Selected.Result = "-",
   Filter(
      Church_Online,
   )
)

do you get any data when the items selected on your screenshot are chosen? Also are you sure there are entries on that date?

No data shows up i dont know what i am doing wrong.

@AliciaDG ,

Some basic debugging - break it down until you get something that works and then add bits back in until it stops - then you will know where the error is. Put a date picker and see if this gets data

Filter(
   Church_Online,
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (94,511)