cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PavelKrayushkin
Level: Powered On

Summarize values via UpdateContext

Hi, I create the app which will be possible to summarize the quantity if details. My SharePoint list looks like this:

WorkOrder                             Quantity

00000333                               133

00000343                               451

The task is to summarize the total quantity (DataCardValue22) of details continuously during a day. For example,  for work order 00000333"1+32+51+49=131" etc.

To solve it I created a "TextInput" in the EditForm for new values and created an "Add" button. OnSelect of this button has such formula:

UpdateContext({var:TextInput3+DataCardValue22})

The formula works good. there is no problem with summarizing but the problem is that the total quantity stays the same for each work order when I open an EditForm - in other words, for each new work order the total quantity equals to the last calculated value.

Please help, how can I calculate the separate quantity in accordance with the proper work order?

Should I use any Filters or Patch function?

Please if you have any ideas give a feedback.

Also see the attached images for more information. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Summarize values via UpdateContext

Hi @PavelKrayushkin ,

Do you set var variable to the total quantity?

This issue is due to the var variable , the variable still store the last total quantity , you need to reset the variable when you open an new EidtForm.

Please put the following formulas to OnSelect of Button that open an new EditForm.

UpdateContext({var:Blank()})

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
PavelKrayushkin
Level: Powered On

Re: Summarize values via UpdateContext

Thank you for your advice, but that is the problem - a can't just reset this information because I need to make some changes in my EditForm and each total quantity must be summarized. The issue is to make a conformity between the total quantity and the appropriate work order 😣

If you have time please look at the attached images - the first is my DetailScreenForm which is used to make changes with already inserted data. When I press "Edit" button I come to my EditForm and as you can see the "accepted" field is not equal for these both screens - for EditForm this quantity is equal to the last total quantity, as you mentioned before.

How can I save this quantity in accordance with its workorder? Is it possible?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,453)