cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Summing and aggregating large datasets in PowerApps - Delegation Issues / 100 Gallery Items Issues

Hey guys, 
i have some issues with the common aggregate functions and delegation. I have build an working time recording system with PowerApps in our company. All my Datasources are SharePoint Lists.

One feature is, that the user can select a Month and gets all the days of the selected month with some metadata in a gallery (See Attachment_1).

To avoid delegation Issues i used the following function in the Items Property of the Gallery:
SortByColumns
(
    Filter(DATASOURCE;
             Monat_Date=ddwnMonth.SelectedText.Val;
             Jahr_Date=Year(Today());
             Title=CurrentUser);
"Date";Descending;
"AStart";Descending
)
This one works very fine for me in the gallery but my problem comes with the second feature:

I want to provide an hour counter, which counts all the working hours in the selected month for the current user and the current year. (See Attachment_2)

So my first solution to sum the working hours of the current user, year an month was:
Sum(
Filter(DATASOURCE;Monat_Date=ddwnMonth.SelectedText.Val;Jahr_Date=Year(Today());Title=CurrentUser);AStunden
)
Problem: Delegation warning, because Sum() is not delegable

My second solution was:
 Sum(
GalStundenuebersicht.AllItems;Value(UeberStunden.Text)
)

Problem: Works just for the first 100 Rows in my Gallery. So, if a user has more than 100 Rows in a single Month this is quite confusing for the user, because he has to scroll down the whole gallery, until he gets the correct sum of his working hours...

Has anyone had similar problems and a solution for this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Audrey Gordon has a video on bringing data into powerapps with delegation issues.
https://youtu.be/IOG0AecA6xE

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,892)